Using Kickstarter to Fund Your Theater Project
If you are producing a show and using Kickstarter to fund it, please have at least one funding option that is a deal. If your show tickets are going to be $20, offer a $15 gift level where I get a ticket. Better yet, offer a $25 level where I get 2 tickets. Give me a bargain and I’ll jump on it.
Instead what I’m seeing is a lot of Kickstarter and Indiegogo projects that look more like plain fundraisers where you are soliciting donations and giving token gifts in return. This is ok, I’m sure some of them will get funded, especially in cases where the company has a track record and lots of loyal fans (or friends and family). You can still have gift levels which are essentially donations: $5 for a thank you or $300 for opening night tickets and an afterparty. $1000 to get a producing credit. But if you really want to exceed your expectations, offer a deal too.
Someone who wants to give you money
P.S. This is not about your project in particular.
- hugel likes this
- avcnyc said: Also whatever happened to going deep into dept and/or working a grueling day job to pay for theater projects? Wait, am I doing this wrong?
- ludusludius reblogged this from improvisorsimprovisor
- ludusludius likes this
- nicolemarietherese likes this
- improvisorsimprovisor reblogged this from mullaney and added:
- danmcgillivray likes this
- andybeckerman likes this
- legospaceship likes this
- alexfrench likes this
- joestanton reblogged this from mullaney
- mullaney posted this